Saturday, June 5, 2010

This Hits the Spot! Strawberry Sorbet on Vanilla Ice Cream

Last week we had a couple of people over and at the end of dinner the ultimate question was posed - Any dessert? I had the boring option of grapes or vanilla ice cream. Then it came - why not have all the above with an added zing! 

Vanilla ice cream topped with strawberry sorbet and grapes... All I needed for the sorbet was 
1 cup of frozen strawberries
One packham pear - skinned and seeded
About 1/2 cup of organic oat milk

 Threw all that into the blender and ta-da! Lovely strawberry sorbet to top a scoop or two of Bud's Vanilla Ice Cream. Perfect! As my dear friend said - she was looking for something to fill this "hole" in her tummy, and she found that this simple dessert hit the spot! It sure hit the spot for me, although I didn't even know I had one to hit :)

Here's a not so pretty picture I almost didn't take cause we were all too busy enjoying this yummy dessert!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails