Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Seriously Good Whole Wheat Banana Cranberry Muffins

Last night, I had a bunch of very ripe bananas and nothing to serve my kids for breakfast the next morning. So I went looking for a healthy yummy muffin recipe. And have I found it! Absolutely NO refined sugar or refined flour in this yummy moist delicious muffin which had the best blend of sweet, salty and sour (from the cranberries!). Oh and no dairy either! Took under an hour to whip up half a batch :)

All good! And SO GOOD!

Whole Wheat Banana Cranberry Muffin Recipe
1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup grapeseed oil (or olive oil)
1/2 cup honey
2 eggs
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
1/4 cup hot water
1/2 cup of frozen cranberries (frozen crans were superbly sour..if you want something not so shocking, try dried)

1. Mix together whole wheat flour, baking soda and salt. Add frozen cranberries to the mix to coat.



2. In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, honey and eggs. Add 1 cup mashed ripe bananas. I like chewing into my nanas so I left them pretty chunky.


3. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix, alternating with hot water. End with dry.


4. Mix quickly until the batter is all moist. Don't over mix or your muffins will turn out hard (at least that's what everyone says!).

 

5. Spoon into lined muffin tin. This recipe will make 12 muffins.



6. Pop into pre-heated oven. Bake at 170C for 16-18 mins.

7. Burn your lips on the hot-from-the-oven yummy wholesome muffins! 

6 comments:

  1. Looks yummy!! Now u r inspiring me to do something to my oven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. trust me- don't overmix muffins. did it once- they didn't rise properly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got to try this exact batch-yay!!! It was delicious Audrey,thanks for parting with your breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And....great to see the step-by-step photos!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @May Yi - yes pls do something and invite me over to taste the fruit of your labour :)
    @Diane - thanks for feedback, shall never over mix!
    @Shelley - haha, yes, shells...just for you!! ;) wasn't as hard as I thought it would be

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails