Sunday, May 9, 2010

Blessed Mother's Day

What a privilege it is to have moms and for some of us to be moms ourselves!


Being the youngest in a family, I grew up with an insatiable desire to be heard, to be considered a voice in the family. The desire to be heard and do things "my way" often rubbed against "mom's way". Now having become a mother myself and experiencing first-hand the challenges and celebrations in motherhood, I have grown more in honour and respect of my mom and many many other fabulous moms out there! If you're a mom and I have had the blessing of peeking into your journey as a mom, thank you for being an inspiration to me!
Her children arise and call her blessed, her husband also, and he praises her.
-- Proverbs 31:28
If at first you don't succeed, do it the way your mother told you to.
-- Author Unknown
I never knew how much love my heart could hold until someone called me "mommy."
-- Author Unknown


Here's a simple craft I whipped up for the kids at cg last Friday. A pretty victorian lace handbag card for mom! Which mom doesn't need another handbag? :)


Here are the supplies you need to make this simple craft.


Coloured A4 size cardstock, folded in half, cut to resemble bag shape, narrow end on the folded edge
Paper doilies, cut in half
Craft gems for the snap button
Chenille sticks and beads
Single hole puncher
Double sided tape
Craft glue 
Labels that say happy Mother's Day, Hand-made with love for the best mom, etc (optional)

1. Use double sided tape to attach the half doily to the folded card. Be sure to align the straight edge of the doily with the folded edge of the card.
2. Punch two holes in the top of the bag. These holes are where the handle of the bag will be
3. Thread beads on a chenille stick leaving about 2 inches on either end free from beads
4. Attach the ends of the stick to the holes
5. Glue a craft gem to the doily in the front of the bag to resemble a snap for your bag.
6. Decorate with labels or drawings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails