Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Guilt-free Chocolate Smoothie

I couldn't wait to put up this post! :) I have a few friends with kids who are allergic to dairy and it just so tragic (ok, not tragic tragic but you know what I mean) to go through childhood and never enjoy simple pleasures like ice-cream, toast smothered in butter and yes, chocolate! Lovely decadent chocolate..mmm...which by the way IS good for you, minus the sugar of course. So I came up with this lovely chocolatey smoothie that's dairy-free and sugar-free and packed with Vitamin C too. I used Packham pear, frozen banana, freshly squeezed orange juice, Cocoa Powder, Organic soya powder and Organic oat milk.

It was SO GOOD. YUM!!



This is what I used to squeeze the orange juice, practically an antique I inherited from mum. I remember using this when I was a kid!



Cocoa powder - I used Van Houten Pure Soluble Cocoa

Guilt-free chocolate Smoothie Recipe
1 large Packham pear - skinned and cored
3-4 chunks of frozen banana
Juice from 1 orange - freshly squeezed
3 tbs of cocoa powder
3 tbs of Organic Soya Powder
1/2 cup of Organic Oat Milk

I am definitely letting my dad who's diabetic, try this awesome treat! Next variation to this is to add avocado to make it even creamier..mmmm....chhhooocccoolllatttee :)



4 comments:

  1. Wow! Never thought of combining pears with chocolate...very creative use of healthy & yummy ingredients.

    Looking fwd to catching up with u this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey T: Please post a picture of what your peckham pear looks like *shy* Though I can google the image, but I'd rather see your pear :D

    And, how big are your "chunks" of banana?

    Show a post with pictorial steps, please :D

    And if possible...cost? Only IF possible :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails