Sunday, April 11, 2010

Cool Melon Smoothie

This is the first smoothie I tried out to "cool" the body. Mum who is undergoing radiotherapy, complained of dry throat and lack of appetite. This cooling and refreshing smoothie has Watermelon, Honey Dew, Cucumber, Plain Low fat Yogurt, Wheat Germ, organic Rice Milk and Flax Seed Oil. I added wheat germ and flax seed oil to pack this smoothie with Omega-3. She loved it so much she had two glasses :)

Cool Melon Smoothie Recipe
2-3 slices of watermelon
2-3 slices of honeydew
1/2 cucumber
1 plain low fat yogurt cup
1/2 cup Organic rice milk
1 tbs wheat germ
1 tsp flax seed oil

2 comments:

  1. this sounds really "cool" audrey ! its great that ur making all this stuff. i know what its like to hv a mum going for treatment and not having an appetite ...to then see her down 2 glasses of this very healthy stuff, must have made you feel so relieved !! keep it up ..you have inspired me to go out & get all my ingredients to start smoothie-ing. May I ask if u add ice to these ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you already got your answer, but I'll post it here anyway since I loooovveee comments on my blog :) You may use ice to give it a good freeze but the frozen bananas (or any other fruit) will do the trick quite nicely.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails