Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Retail therapy at DAISO


You see, this is what happens when I decide to take a break from the crazy busy schedule I've been keeping and indulge in a little retail therapy at DAISO. It was inevitable, the draw of cute was too strong and I ended up with these. If you haven't figured it out yet, they are sushi makers - bear and bunny shaped! Aren't they adorable? And they double up as cookie cutters since they are made of metal. If you're into cute like I am, don't go to DAISO because you'll end up spending waaay too much, like I did :P

But oh, look at the final product...



The girls had so much fun making them! Here's a quick simple recipe for the kid friendly rice sushi.

Bear and Bunny Sushi Recipe
About 2 cups hot cooked brown rice - use a little bit more water so sushi holds its shape better
1 tbs butter
1/2 cup blanched baby peas and corn niblets
Some seaweed flakes
Salt/pepper to taste - mix the above into hot rice and put rice into sushi molds, press down hard
Sliced cheese / ham / Spam / luncheon meat/ egg omelet  - cut out in shapes and place on the sushi..enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Aud, do post pictures of all that you bagged from daiso! So that we'd drool and make our way there too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aiyo, too shy to do that...you will all wonder...why on earth did she buy that??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Audrey, btw, I have those moulds too & was corrected by a friend... I too called them sushi moulds... but emmm... he told me... no, they are actually called onigiri... just thought I'd let you know... *hehe* :-D

    & yah... show lah, those pics of what you bought... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails