Thursday, April 22, 2010

Green Grape Avocado Smoothie

Green is good. Green food that is. And the more of it the better. I have had to reprogramme my tastebuds (and everyone else's tastebuds I hold dear - hubby, kids, parents) to salivate at the sight of green. A bowl of green salad, a slice of green avocado, a large serving of dark green kai lan, dark green spirulina, etc. Any of you have to do the same?

Well, try this smoothie and perhaps your tastebuds will grow to love GREEN :) I used green seedless grapes, avocado, packham pears, frozen bananas, organic soya powder and a touch of spirulina powder. All green except for the bananas and soya powder. Notice I upped the amount of avocado to 1/2 portion. I think it could do with a whole avocado and still have the same delicate flavour. The result, a lovely light green smoothie that's yummy and creamy!



Green Grape Avocado Smoothie Recipe
1/2 ripe avocado
2 generous handfuls of washed seedless green grapes
1 packham pear - skinned and cored
3 chunks of frozen banana
2 heaped scoops of Organic Soya Powder
1-2 cups of water
1/2 teaspoon of Organic spirulina powder'

Note: Be sure you wash your grapes with a fruit and veggie wash and give them a good scrub to get rid of any nasty pesticides since you'll be eating the skin. Organic if you can find them reasonably priced :)

2 comments:

  1. hey, Audrey, would you like some packham pears? I bought too many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too many?? Are you sure? Those pears disappear like water in my household :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails